Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sopa de Lima

One of our favorite parts of our honeymoon was the delicious food. Everything was really fresh and something I wanted to eat over and over. At the top of my list was a Lime Chicken Tortilla Soup. I ate this soup with my meal most every night and fell in love. I have been searching for a recipe off and on since we got back and finally found one last night that is pretty comparable. Except for almost having a kitchen fire while frying the tortilla strips, everything turned out great! It is a pretty light soup, but I ate a bowl and a half for dinner and was full, so considering I like to eat a lot of food, I'd say it is pretty filling. I don't know if it is because it really was that good or because I like imagining we are in Zihuatanejo again, but I can't wait to eat more tonight, and I'm normally not a fan of the same food two nights in a row.


If you do make it, while you are eating it, imagine you are here...

And that this is your view...

All together, it's like a piece of heaven.


Here's the link to the recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/sopa-de-lima-yucatan-lime-soup-recipe/index.html

2 comments:

  1. yum. i'll definitely be making it. i've been looking for one comparable to cinco's, so i'm going to try this one out! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so yummy! Will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete