
JOY
–noun
-the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation
-the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation
Joy has been on my mind a lot lately. What is it, where does it come from, what does it feel like, are all questions that seem to parallel the word. I love the thought of joy, because to me it represents something genuine, something solid, something that provides strength. A joyful person is not always "happy" or in a great mood, but content and at peace. True joy is something I strive for and want to understand more fully. As much as I feel like I understand and know about it, I know there is a lot more to learn and make part of my lifestyle.
In the book Walking With God, Eldredge explains it as something we have to look for. A concerted effort that we have to make to see it. It is all around us, in simple things that seem mundane, in daily things that we take for granted, and in obvious things that result in celebration. But Eldredge brings the challenge to really look for it and find God in the everyday life... to become more aware of the joy that God provides every minute and see Him for the truly loving God that He is. I heard joy explained as this: "Joy is the fruit that results in the deep seeded confidence that God will come through" and felt like a whole new light had been shed on the word. I said I want to know true joy more fully, and I know to look for it and become more aware, but I also realize that a lot of that falls on me and who I believe God is to me. I know that He loves me and has given me an abundance of things to be joyful about, and yet I still have a hard time believing that everything will fall into place like I want it to. I have a hard time surrendering and truly believing God will come through for me. So, as this journey continues, I pray for wisdom, discipline, and awareness, to see God more and believe that He will come through in mighty ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment