Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A gift...

Sunday at church was a really good message about waiting on the Lord. At the end, Ginny Owens came and sang her song "If You Want Me To." This song was an anthem of prayer during a hard period in my life and God really used it to lead me in trusting Him in that time. I have played the song since plenty of times, but it touched me so deeply when she came on stage to sing and I lost it. I do not cry in church, or really even that easily, but I couldn't stop. And of course I was sitting with three guys, all wondering what in the world was going on. I really felt like God was speaking to me saying, "Look at all I have brought you through, Look at how I love you, See, you CAN trust me" and was amazed at the clarity of the message. The fact that she is blind brings an entirely new level of meaning to it too. For those of you that don't know the song or just want to be reminded, here is a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q8pWgDsv1E&feature=related

I hope it can be as encouraging to you too.

And here are the words... such a prayer of surrender
The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason
why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley If You want me to
Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise
You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to
It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone
So When the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering
Your love put You through
And I go through the valley
If You want me to

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I love this song!! I got chills reading it this morning. It is a truth we can't hear enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song!! so great! I would love to hear the sermon..what church?

    ReplyDelete