Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines

This weekend Will and I spent our first holiday together married and it was so much fun! Friday night, we went to eat with the Hatchetts. Colley and Gilder are two of our best friends and their precious daughter is our goddaughter. We always look forward to time with them. So, we went to Papasitos- an amazing restaurant and had a good time catching up. I took a couple of pictures, but don't have my camera cord right now, so I will have to come back to those. Then we headed to Opelika for the rest of the weekend. My brother, Lucas is a senior in high school and had an Ovations performance- the only one I would get to see this year, so I was so excited to make it! Ovations (showchoir) was a big love of mine in high school- I have so many good memories from my 4 years in the group, so getting to see him in it was extra special. He had a solo in their show and I must say that I was so proud to call him my brother! Their show overall was so good, with Let It Be as their ballad and a girl that sounded like she had been singing professionally for years. I literally had chills the whole time she was singing- she was amazing! It was such a treat to get to watch! I wish I had a video of it, because it would be worth a post.

On Saturday afternoon mom and I made a quick run to Angel's Antique Mall. I love going every time I come home and this time was no different. I found a perfect chest for the house, a small suprise for Will for his birthday, and a stool to recover for my dressing table. And all for $226! The chest is my favorite, but once again- no camera cord, so I'll try to put up a picture tomorrow. It is a solid piece of furniture that a man refinished in a washed grey look- a look that I happen to be obsessed with right now, so luckily my sweet husband let me buy it :) And another surprise over the weekend- Will gave me Kooza (Cirque du Soleil) tickets for Valentines Day, so we will be going tomorrow night! I told him enough times that I wanted to go so I guess he got the idea- ha! I have been once before and sat there amazed the entire time at how their bodies were able to do the things they did. Now for a fun outfit for a night out...

I found this picture online taken during a rehearsal. Seriously, how do they do that?!

1 comment:

  1. I went to see the Kooza show and loved it!! It was amazing! Hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete