For Kyle and Caroline's couple's baby shower- we decided on a blue and brown color scheme, since those are the colors of Reid's nursery. I bought white carnations, hydrangeas, roses, and a bundle of snapdragons. The small arrangements for the table were in these vases nestled in a stick nest that my mom had just bought and let me use since they worked so perfectly.
I used acuba and berries from our yard for the greenery, and some sticks to add the "brown" element. The big arrangement for the food table was in the turquoise urn, and the table cloths were a pretty blue, pretty much the color of the table below.
I took no pictures of the actual setup of the party, because I always forget to do things like that. It was so much fun to celebrate for Kyle and Caroline though- they are so sweet and thankful. Reid is one lucky guy to have them as parents!At the end of October, we had a lingerie shower for Dorsey and borrowed my parents house for the venue. Once again, I bought some carnations, but everything else was from their yard. Once being on my "bleh" flower list, carnations have recently been my favorites to use- especially when mounded all together.
Some hydrangeas, pittosporum, and holly berries before they turned completely red complemented the carnations.
My mom has a plentiful stash of silver rose bowls that she has been collecting for a while, so I used those for the table arrangements.
Not to mention, it never hurts when they have grids that help with the arranging...
The lingerie shower was so much fun. We had planned on having the shower outside by the outdoor fireplace, and since it was a little bit on the chilly side outside, the fireplace was the perfect spot.
Dorsey is getting married this weekend and I am so excited for her! She has been my best friend since kindergarten and has played much of a sister role in my life, so this weekend will be fun to celebrate she and Sam. Not to mention, I'll get to spend some time with Sarah, my family, and see a bunch of old friends. I know it will be a refreshing time of celebration!
Some hydrangeas, pittosporum, and holly berries before they turned completely red complemented the carnations.
My mom has a plentiful stash of silver rose bowls that she has been collecting for a while, so I used those for the table arrangements.
Not to mention, it never hurts when they have grids that help with the arranging...
The lingerie shower was so much fun. We had planned on having the shower outside by the outdoor fireplace, and since it was a little bit on the chilly side outside, the fireplace was the perfect spot.
Dorsey is getting married this weekend and I am so excited for her! She has been my best friend since kindergarten and has played much of a sister role in my life, so this weekend will be fun to celebrate she and Sam. Not to mention, I'll get to spend some time with Sarah, my family, and see a bunch of old friends. I know it will be a refreshing time of celebration!

i love the arrangements! you did a great job! have fun @ the wedding.
ReplyDeleteI hope this doesn't freak you out that you have a random person reading your blog. I am not even sure how I came across it. Best I can tell we have mutual friends whose blogs I read regularly... anyway, I'm going to be the photographer for Dorsey's wedding on Saturday. Thought it was kinda random to stumble across the blog post about her shower. Anyway, the flowers look great! Hope you have a great Wednesday and perhaps I will see you on Saturday at the wedding.
ReplyDeletebeautiful! (of course)
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented!! I LOVED the arrangements at Reids party! :)
ReplyDelete