Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Flood

Picture of flood damage at Six Flags

Have you seen pictures of the "Great Flood of 2009" as they call it? Will and I have been watching the news, stunned at all of the images coming up of the flooding around Atlanta. We are not located close to any body of water, and are very thankful the damage to our house is minimal. We were frustrated that we had water all in the basement- all over the carpet in two of the finished rooms, however, when I look at these pictures, the frustration goes away, and I am thankful to have a basement that I can actually clean and walk in. You hear stories of people losing their homes and businesses completely- with no flood insurance, a grocery store with all of its merchandise floating, people being swept away in their cars and dying and it puts everything into perspective. I get sad everytime I see news of floods on tv, but this time seems so different being that it is my city. The link below is a collection of aerial images taken of the flood by AJC. They all really just blow my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment